Skip to main content

Truths and Lies


                                  Truths and Lies

Hey all!! This is Lily and we're back on! 
It's been...what? 50 years since I last wrote? I'm very very sorry if you've been waiting for me😅😅
So... how's it been since we saw each other last? I had a particularly hard time because of exams and stuff, but now it's all back to normal.

Today, I decided to write on truths and lies.
I know it sounds VERY philosophical, and that's unlike me, but yesterday was Parent Teachers Meet at my school ( also known as The PTM amongst students) and the answer sheets were given to the parents ("OH NO!!" you must be shouting right now if you're a student)
My mom attended The PTM and it went fairly well, but I was surprised to find that only a meagre amount of parents and kids attended the meet. Most of the kids had either not told, or deliberately hidden the fact that The PTM was being held in school.
That lead yours truly to think- "Why did these kids have to lie?"
Easy question. Easy answer.
So, let's try to sum up the one question  that kids and parents have on the topic we're discussing: Lying

Why do people lie?

1. My cat died. 
2.My cats very sad demise made it unable for me to come to your party. (Cat died two years ago)
3.My uncle's nephew's brother's wife's Grandma's sister's aunt's neighbour's pet goldfish died, and it was so traumatic for me, I was unable to come to school for a month.
4.My math marks? Oh, Miss Ann's cat died, so we'll hopefully get them next month (read: never)

Some of these are lies, some are excuses, but what they have in common is that they all try to hide one thing: The Truth.

"The truth, is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution" -  Albus Dumbledore 

Whenever we lie, it is to cover either a mistake we commited,or about something we want to hide from others. Low grades, tardy behaviour, incomplete work and a want to look good in front of others are some of the main reasons why we lie. 
Some people lie as if in reflex, other's do it to sheild themselves and enjoy the comfort as long as they have it. There are many reasons why they do it, but what we forget after telling them is: they come back to us.
Confessing to a lie is harder than telling it. You have to literally tell the person that you broke their trust.
But at least, you told the truth.
You don't have any burdens now😃😄
So, my advice is: don't lie. You'll only burden yourself, and no one would trust you easily if they find out that you lied. 
 Also, NEVER lie to your parents. A person who lies to their parents is the worst kind of person there is.
Lots of love😘
Signing off, 
Lily Elaine


Comments

  1. Good logical write up..
    Keep it up dear.
    Lies make u weak and truth strengthens u..So stick to truth and move ahead

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The question with no solution: How to deal with angry moms?

                                                                              How to Deal with Angry Moms? Good morning dear readers!! Welcome back to Euphoria :) Today, my topic is on a question which is sometimes.... unanswerable. I decided to write about angry moms today 'cause my mom's angry at me too. It so happened that, for the past few days I had been goofing around like a useless person since exams were over, but now, after two days of continuous ruckus in the house, mom got fed up and....well, you know what happened. I'm pretty sure that it happens with all of us sometimes, so, I thought of bringing together all the methods I use for pacifying my mother, 'cause if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy! 1. Stay quiet if you value your life When mothers get angry, they tend to shout a lot. Sometimes, in the heat of the matter, we also start yelling as well. My advice: Worst move ever. The best way to deal with angry mothers is to stay qu

Welcome to my blog!!

                                                             An Euphoria of Thought:  A Place where the Heart and the Mind are in sync Welcome, my dearest readers! I shake you warmly by the hand :)  'An Euphoria of Thought' is a wonderful place for you to open up and vent out all the heat that you've bottled up inside. At times, even the smallest of matters anger us or make us feel small. But here at Euphoria, you can voice your problems to your hearts content, because yours truly is here to listen and help you with your everyday hitches!  It's okay to take a break and just chill sometimes, even though the name may sound a bit psychological and stuff, this blog can actually help you discover a different side of you. An aspect of yourself that you never knew existed! So be ready for a long ride folks! :) signing off Lilly Elaine